Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bad things happening to good people.

I am not a fan of bad things happening to good people...no one is. We
have a family friend named Kathy "Pete" Meshak. I got to know her
through my Aunt Patty. They are lifelong friends. I met her for the first time really at the benefit for her husband a few years ago. He passed away shortly after from Cancer. Soon after she found a house that she liked just down the street from my Aunt's. I helped her get the house...and it was perfect for my Aunt and Pete. They could keep a eye on each other!:) She also became a fixture at our family gatherings..specially my birthday dinner at silver coach. Always a smile and always kind. That is who she was. Recently she had a accident. She fell down a flight of stairs and hit her head. She is very badly injured.

I guess I write this because it makes me so angry that this would happen to someone like her. It is not fair. She is the kindest soul. Only time will tell how things will work out. I just hope that everyone has someone like Pete in their life at some point. And if you do..do not ever take them for granted...ever.




Photo from my birthday dinner at silver coach. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ty:
I was trying locate information regarding the memorial service when I ran across your post.

I certainly understand your pain and anger. Like you, I was blessed to have known both Kathy and Rocky.

They are without a doubt, two of the most wonderful, loving people I have had the good fortune to know.

What is more, They rank among the most amazing couples. Their love, respect and honor for one another could not be matched, let alone surpassed.

The only reason I can think is that God wanted them to be together again. Perhaps they will be the Holiday Angels. They always enjoyed decorating,entertaining and sharing joy of the holidays with friends and family.

I will keep you all in my prayers. When it hurts the most, reach into the treasure of memories that you have and find one to smile about. Kathy would want that.

Sheila

Rod said...

Ty - a reader of my blog informed me that a friend of his had died and he was researching (googeling) for more information and your named turned up. He said - hey - that named is familiar from Rods blog.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Rod