Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Highground

I received from my father a love of stopping at ANYTHING that seems interesting on the side of roads while on trips...points of interest...historical markers...roadside attractions...I think it drives my girlfriend nuts! ( I have always said my father is distracted easily by shiny things and roadside historical markers!) But there are alot of very cool things out there in just a short 5 minute stop. Also I got from him a love of history. I can never seem to learn enough about it. Be it WWII, Vietnam, state history etc. I love it. He has taken me to places all over...Fords theater, Bull Run, Fredricksburg, Dealy Plaza,Washington D.C., museums ALL over the place..... Places where you can feel the history. I do not know how many times at his old house i heard about Blackhawk being chased through the area back in 1832 on there way to the Sauk City area! On my way to drop Rachel back off at the airport I made a stop at a place I have driven by a MILLION times and never stopped. Finally we did for just a short trip. I wish I would have had more time. Its the Highground. http://www.thehighground.org/
It is a veterns memorial park located outside Neillsville Wisconsin. Its well worth a stop..I for sure will be going back when I can spend more time. Here are some photos from our stop.

Thanks Dad.













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said Ty

Ty said...

Thanks

Unknown said...

nice series!

Anonymous said...

love it. my dad is the same way... :)

great pics as usual ty.